Friday, September 17, 2004
Chennai Diary - 1
A year and 3 months at Wipro roughly means I am eligible for around 25 odd days of leave..Any guesses as to how many I have actually taken so far? If you said 5 then you have hit bulls eye.. Yes, its only 5.. Not that I have been bloody busy all the time but simply spelt out , I have no place to go to…Of course there are loads of pals spread across the country but I am just not the kind of person who goes to new places, piles on people and chills out whilst the rest of the crowd is working. So a long holiday is still alien to me..All this was finally getting to me and my long planned Chennai trip had got postponed so many times that when I finally took matters into my hands this time and skipped work to leave for Chennai on Wednesday, I surprised a lot of people including myself.. But here i am…
Reached Central yesterday morning 20 minutes late… Damn.. The Guwahati express is one of the slowest have seen Bangalore and Chennai and what compounded the misery was the fact that I traveled through the entire journey sleeping in a Side Upper berth. Walking across to Park and catching the local to Kodamabakkam, I reached Venki’s place late. Had a quick bath and then left for Tusku’s place from where we traveled to Perambur for Addy’s wedding..The function was over by the time we reached there but we still managed to catch “breakfast” – Met Nandu and Gaurav there and after some long chatting and catching up with old times, lunched and then left for Sathyam. Met Arthi at IDBI and exchanged pleasantries Also chanced to see that cute chick from XIMB – reminds me so much of someone but cant place her for the life of me…Then saw Vasoolraja MBBS at Sathyam… Strictly ok dokie though I am beginning to fancy the songs and Sneha This was then followed by the usual routine visit to Ispahani after which we left for Venki’s place.. Had a loooong discussion with his folks on issues ranging from marriage, bachelorhood, generation gap and what not.. Then met Zee over dinner and started round 1 of our discussions.. Spent time consoling each other abt Priya and Suman.. Twas then that it again dawned on me how much I had invested in the relationship..If only things had worked out… sigh….
Today’s been good so far.. Woke up late at Tusku’s place..showered quickly and took a rick to Guindy from where I caught the shuttle to Sholings.. Been at this comp since morning checking mails and generally chilling out.. Met Avi over lunch – the guys real fun.. He’s quit Wipro and is joining EyeSoft Tech Its 3:40 now and I am bored to death.. Think I will leave early today – mebbe meet BK or Zee later in the evening.
Ciao diary!!
Reached Central yesterday morning 20 minutes late… Damn.. The Guwahati express is one of the slowest have seen Bangalore and Chennai and what compounded the misery was the fact that I traveled through the entire journey sleeping in a Side Upper berth. Walking across to Park and catching the local to Kodamabakkam, I reached Venki’s place late. Had a quick bath and then left for Tusku’s place from where we traveled to Perambur for Addy’s wedding..The function was over by the time we reached there but we still managed to catch “breakfast” – Met Nandu and Gaurav there and after some long chatting and catching up with old times, lunched and then left for Sathyam. Met Arthi at IDBI and exchanged pleasantries Also chanced to see that cute chick from XIMB – reminds me so much of someone but cant place her for the life of me…Then saw Vasoolraja MBBS at Sathyam… Strictly ok dokie though I am beginning to fancy the songs and Sneha This was then followed by the usual routine visit to Ispahani after which we left for Venki’s place.. Had a loooong discussion with his folks on issues ranging from marriage, bachelorhood, generation gap and what not.. Then met Zee over dinner and started round 1 of our discussions.. Spent time consoling each other abt Priya and Suman.. Twas then that it again dawned on me how much I had invested in the relationship..If only things had worked out… sigh….
Today’s been good so far.. Woke up late at Tusku’s place..showered quickly and took a rick to Guindy from where I caught the shuttle to Sholings.. Been at this comp since morning checking mails and generally chilling out.. Met Avi over lunch – the guys real fun.. He’s quit Wipro and is joining EyeSoft Tech Its 3:40 now and I am bored to death.. Think I will leave early today – mebbe meet BK or Zee later in the evening.
Ciao diary!!
