Monday, December 27, 2004
An Open Letter
Dear Mr. Adarsh,
You definitely have a very funny sense of humor. I am sure you are confused for you have written more than a few hilarious articles. I am specifically talking here about this piece of crap.
1. The promos of Swades were THANDA - Hehehe.. So do you like the promos of ROG ? And why does everything have to be compared with Veer Zaara? Are you Yash Chopra's mouth piece?
One reason Swades did not get an initial was because the promos clearly projected it as serious fare.. So maybe audiences thought it was not a commercial movie. Atleast Ashutosh was honest about it unlike the much hyped promos of Mallika Sherawat's first movie, that pathetic remake of Love Story, which only spoke of the 17 kisses. I am sure you would have given two thumbs up for that kind of promo. GET A LIFE, dude.
2. The music sales never caught on - Now, what is the benchmark that you are using here to make this stupid claim ? Is it the cassette sales of Lagaan or Veer Zaara or the average AR Rahman track ? Do you realise that music sales can only do "that much" for a movie - Bhoot did not even have songs and it worked while Asoka had lovely songs (in ur own words) and still sank.
I could give you so many examples but then it would not drive home the point into that pea-brain of yours so let me not waste time and energy on such a fruitless endeavour. Why don't you have the guts to state upfront that Ashutosh did not invite you to the first premiere ? Why not be honest about the fact that the wine-and-dine affair just did not happen ? Why be such a hypocrite ?
You know what - Don't think of this as hate mail. This is just my opinion and I am entitled to it just as much as you are entitled to yours. And please quit posing as a MOVIE REVIEWER. You are nothing but a TRADE ANALYST who sits at the theatre counter, counts coins and notes and pompously declares hits and flops. Khalid Mohammed and Kunal Kohli, for all their diatribes against makers during their reviewing days, atleast had the balls to bite the bullet and make a movie. I am waiting for the day when some goddamn fool will fund you and your hair brained idea of a perfect movie. You can expect me to be there sitting in the first row, pencils sharpened to rip your pathetic effort apart.
I just hope we both live to survive till that day.
Cheers
R
PS: Happy New Year :-)
You definitely have a very funny sense of humor. I am sure you are confused for you have written more than a few hilarious articles. I am specifically talking here about this piece of crap.
1. The promos of Swades were THANDA - Hehehe.. So do you like the promos of ROG ? And why does everything have to be compared with Veer Zaara? Are you Yash Chopra's mouth piece?
One reason Swades did not get an initial was because the promos clearly projected it as serious fare.. So maybe audiences thought it was not a commercial movie. Atleast Ashutosh was honest about it unlike the much hyped promos of Mallika Sherawat's first movie, that pathetic remake of Love Story, which only spoke of the 17 kisses. I am sure you would have given two thumbs up for that kind of promo. GET A LIFE, dude.
2. The music sales never caught on - Now, what is the benchmark that you are using here to make this stupid claim ? Is it the cassette sales of Lagaan or Veer Zaara or the average AR Rahman track ? Do you realise that music sales can only do "that much" for a movie - Bhoot did not even have songs and it worked while Asoka had lovely songs (in ur own words) and still sank.
I could give you so many examples but then it would not drive home the point into that pea-brain of yours so let me not waste time and energy on such a fruitless endeavour. Why don't you have the guts to state upfront that Ashutosh did not invite you to the first premiere ? Why not be honest about the fact that the wine-and-dine affair just did not happen ? Why be such a hypocrite ?
You know what - Don't think of this as hate mail. This is just my opinion and I am entitled to it just as much as you are entitled to yours. And please quit posing as a MOVIE REVIEWER. You are nothing but a TRADE ANALYST who sits at the theatre counter, counts coins and notes and pompously declares hits and flops. Khalid Mohammed and Kunal Kohli, for all their diatribes against makers during their reviewing days, atleast had the balls to bite the bullet and make a movie. I am waiting for the day when some goddamn fool will fund you and your hair brained idea of a perfect movie. You can expect me to be there sitting in the first row, pencils sharpened to rip your pathetic effort apart.
I just hope we both live to survive till that day.
Cheers
R
PS: Happy New Year :-)
