Friday, March 04, 2005
Madam ke liye kuch bhi karenge
So I've never spoken about politics in any of my blogs in the past, right...and I don't intend to in the future too..But allow me this one time.
I know I swore to a select few that the day "that Italian lady Maino" assumed reins of this country, I'd leave the shores to work in some alien land. Thankfully that didn't happen thanks to the ma'am listened to her 'inner self' and responding to that 'calling' by 'renouncing' the throne she was destined to inherit the day she married into the country's most famous family. Things even seemed positive when the original "Right man in the wrong party" Manmohan Singh was installed as PM but the events of the last few days have only reiterated my stance that the Congress is a party of servile sycophants and senile pensioners. While the whole world seems more obsessed with hurling abuses at Jamir and Syed Razi, seasoned political observers have refused to believe that all this would have occurred without the active consent of the ma'am. After all, no man in the Congress dares to even move a muscle in his body without the fair lady's consent. While none can deny that all this has left a huge question mark on democracy and constituitional propriety, its in a way good that the media has also responded sharply to ensure that something like the reign of terror unleashed by Indira Gandhi in the form of Emergency does not happen again.
Here are some nice articles whcich speak on the same subject.
Marauders of democracy
Stop this nonsense about our great democracy
PS: In the face of all this madness, the 3 Congressmen whom I respect - AK Antony, Digvijay Singh and Manmohan Singh - have take a dignified stance by either not commenting (silence can be so damning sometimes) or condoning the hasty actions of the Governors in Goa and Jharkhand.
I know I swore to a select few that the day "that Italian lady Maino" assumed reins of this country, I'd leave the shores to work in some alien land. Thankfully that didn't happen thanks to the ma'am listened to her 'inner self' and responding to that 'calling' by 'renouncing' the throne she was destined to inherit the day she married into the country's most famous family. Things even seemed positive when the original "Right man in the wrong party" Manmohan Singh was installed as PM but the events of the last few days have only reiterated my stance that the Congress is a party of servile sycophants and senile pensioners. While the whole world seems more obsessed with hurling abuses at Jamir and Syed Razi, seasoned political observers have refused to believe that all this would have occurred without the active consent of the ma'am. After all, no man in the Congress dares to even move a muscle in his body without the fair lady's consent. While none can deny that all this has left a huge question mark on democracy and constituitional propriety, its in a way good that the media has also responded sharply to ensure that something like the reign of terror unleashed by Indira Gandhi in the form of Emergency does not happen again.
Here are some nice articles whcich speak on the same subject.
Marauders of democracy
Stop this nonsense about our great democracy
PS: In the face of all this madness, the 3 Congressmen whom I respect - AK Antony, Digvijay Singh and Manmohan Singh - have take a dignified stance by either not commenting (silence can be so damning sometimes) or condoning the hasty actions of the Governors in Goa and Jharkhand.
