Tuesday, May 03, 2005
I'd do anything for love
Some nights you're breathing fire, and some nights you're carved in ice
Some nights you're like nothing I've ever seen before or will again
Maybe I'm crazy, but it's crazy and it's true
I know you can save me, no one else can save me now but you
.................Some days I pray for silence, and somedays I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N Roll
Some nights I lose the feeling, and some nights I lose control
Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance and the thunder rolls
Maybe I'm lonely and that's all I'm qualified to be
There's just one and only, the one and only promise I can keep
.........Will you raise me up, will you help me down?
Will you get me right out of this Godforsaken town?
Will you make it all a little less cold?
Will you hold me sacred? Will you hold me tight?
Can you colorize my life, I'm so sick of black and white?
Can you make it all a little less old?
Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands?
Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?
Can you give me something I can take home?
Will you cater to every fantasy I got?
Will ya hose me down with holy water, if I get too hot?
Will you take me places I've never known?
After a while you'll forget everything
It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night's fling
And you'll see that it's time to move on
Some nights you're like nothing I've ever seen before or will again
Maybe I'm crazy, but it's crazy and it's true
I know you can save me, no one else can save me now but you
.................Some days I pray for silence, and somedays I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N Roll
Some nights I lose the feeling, and some nights I lose control
Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance and the thunder rolls
Maybe I'm lonely and that's all I'm qualified to be
There's just one and only, the one and only promise I can keep
.........Will you raise me up, will you help me down?
Will you get me right out of this Godforsaken town?
Will you make it all a little less cold?
Will you hold me sacred? Will you hold me tight?
Can you colorize my life, I'm so sick of black and white?
Can you make it all a little less old?
Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands?
Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?
Can you give me something I can take home?
Will you cater to every fantasy I got?
Will ya hose me down with holy water, if I get too hot?
Will you take me places I've never known?
After a while you'll forget everything
It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night's fling
And you'll see that it's time to move on
